My New Best Friend

I can't believe that it has been so long since I posted; the time has gone very quickly, probably because I have been busy . . . very busy. I moved from Siena to Florence last Wednesday, the study abroad students arrived on Friday, and it has been craziness ever since. I feel like I have a good group of students in my residence and other than some noise issues (which are totally normal) things are going pretty well. I would be more descriptive but I probably only have about ten minutes before someone else knocks on my door and I am also very tired. Accordingly, I just wanted to share this with you. This is my new best friend:



my bed.

You might think I'm just being funny, but I'm not. I seriously love this bed. The bed and I haven't been able to spend much time together during the past five days but the time we do have is always the best part of my day! I hope that in the coming weeks we can spend even more time together- four hours a night is just not enough! We got up to six and a half last night, so things are looking up!

In all seriousness though, I feel like (despite my lack of sleep) the program is off to a good start. It will just take another week or so for the students to truly adjust and get into a regular schedule, and then (fingers crossed) it will be smooth sailing! And when that happens hopefully my new best friend and I will be able to spend more time together so that I will have the energy to do a proper blog post.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

That bed looks like a vey god friend indeed! I do hop you get to spend mre time together!

I am really glad you have such a good group of tudent this time around. Maybe it will be alo more fun?

Anonymous said...

...I dunno, but your bed does not look very comfy to me. :/ Of course, I'm kind of picky when it comes to my sleeping arrangements. ha!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am currently working on PhD in History at the University of Toronto, but I often travel to Siena, Italy to do research for my dissertation.

Followers