Thanks Claire!

As some of you know, shortly before coming to Italy I went to my wonderful hairstylist Mario to get a haircut. I decided to make a big change, so I had Mario give me a cut that included bangs. I loved the haircut right from the start (although I did have a few moments where I looked in the mirror and thought "Oh boy- what was I thinking? What have I done to myself!") but after a week or two I was reminded that when you have bangs you have to get them trimmed often, and when you have hair that grows really quickly (like mine) then you have to trim them every few weeks. So last week I noticed that they were getting a bit long (getting stuck in my eyelashes and constantly in my eyes) so I decided I better get them trimmed. I was too chicken to try and do it myself, so I started asking around to see if I could find a good salon to do it for me. One of the professors overheard me asking someone and said that his daughter Claire cuts her sister's hair and all the time and she could probably do it for me. I was thrilled! So that evening, Claire came over to the residence and trimmed my bangs. She did a fabulous job and I am so glad that they are not hanging in my eyes anymore! I'm not sure what I will do the next time they need a trim, but I suppose I'll worry about that later. For the next few weeks at least they will look great, so thank you Claire!


The side-view (I hate taking self-portraits!)


From the front!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Cutesy cutesy! I have no patience for bangs... When they get too long I pull them back and let them grow out! sad, but oh well. You are gorgeous!

Marianne said...

I had forgotten you had bangs because you had them pulled back in all of your photos! I still think they are very cute! Hooray for Claire for sharing her talents! If you cannot find anyone for next time just put scotch tape across them in a straight line and cut! Voila! (I know, I did that to you a few times in your tender years but only becuase my Mom did it to me!!

Coach Dee said...

you look beautiful swwetheart. I enjoyed our conversation earlier today. I was glad to hear of all your doings in Siena. You sound very happy. Your mother and I wish we could join you for a visit. Alas I am a teacher and not a wealthy tycoon. Take care and keep the posts coming.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am currently working on PhD in History at the University of Toronto, but I often travel to Siena, Italy to do research for my dissertation.

Followers