In the meantime . . .

I have been trying valiantly to upload some of my videos from the Palio trial race and parade but I have had a few problems, so I apologize for the delay. In the meantime, I thought I would just post some random photos from last week, so you can see what I have been up to. So in no particular order, here they are:

These little guys are often in our hallways, and I don't mind having them around because they eat the mosquitos!


Remnants of the Palio; I saw these Chioccola tights hanging to dry the day after the race!


Eating great food is an essential part of being in Italy! This is the bruschetta I had for dinner the other night- it was SO GOOD!!!

This is a picture from church two Sundays ago, with Crystal, me, Amy, and two of the elders. It was Crystal's last Sunday (after doing a summer internship here) so she wanted to take a few pictures. As you can see, we all made sure that we stood an appropriate distance apart!

Crystal, Amy, and I
(See how shiny our faces are? I hate what the humidity does to me!)

5 comments:

Marianne said...

You are beautiful! Shiny or not! It is so good to see pictures of YOU and to see how happy you look. So, is that your church building? Is it actually owned by the church or borrowed?

I laughed at the laundry photo! So random but realy life. Either that's the lady in charge of them all or it's a very involved family!

What is the little guy? A gecko? I would hate to step on one accidentally!

Fun post!

Coach Dee said...

Sarah you are beautiful. I love the reptiles. If I were a kid again I wold probably try and catch then keep it in my pocket like I use to do with all my pet lizards. Love.

Dad

Jenn said...

Hi Sarah, I got in touch with your dad via Facebook and he let me know about your blog. Your posts are great; I love the pics and find the information fascinating! I had no idea about the historical significance of Pinocchio!

Way to go, getting your PhD. Keep up the good work! If I ever make it over to Italy, I will contact you beforehand to get some tips on what sites to see.

Diana said...

Um...even now in my WISE adult years I would try to catch one of those things! I want one! They are cute! Nick thinks this problem of mine stems from a need to nurture everything around me but really...an italian reptile would be so CUTE and cool! Love ya!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! I am glad you think the little lizzard is cute too- some of the students are terrified of them! (I do think it is some type of gecko, but I'm not 100% sure.) Jennifer- it is so nice to hear from you! I am definitely willing to tell you where to go and what to see if you ever take a trip to Italy.

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am currently working on PhD in History at the University of Toronto, but I often travel to Siena, Italy to do research for my dissertation.

Followers